Jeff Rich was born in Cleveland, Ohio, a place where the agony of defeat rears its ugly head much more often than the thrill of victory. Despite the less-than-spectacular circumstances that surround being a fan in Northeast Ohio, sports have been a large part of Jeff’s life, as an athlete and later in life as a commentator on the games. He credits his father, a lifelong youth football coach, for helping to understand and appreciate the intricacies of the game.
While his eye might stray towards those teams back home, Rich is reminded by the palm trees, sometimes-sweltering heat, and usually well-paved roads that he now calls the desert home. It’s been home since 2001, and he feels the Cardinals, Coyotes, Diamondbacks, and Suns are mostly worthy of support from transplants like himself. Jeff’s passion for sport goes far beyond “just watching the games.”
A veteran of the United States Marine Corps, Rich has taken more non-traditional routes to prosperity, choosing to learn as he goes and to take matters into his own hands more often than not. He blogged for himself until someone asked him to write for them–specifically, SportsTime Ohio–where he covered the Indians up close during Spring Training and from afar once the games counted. He’s published sports websites, podcasted, and even did some radio with a guy named Dorf before joining the Dorf on Sports radio team as Andy’s co-host in 2013.
Jeff believes Phoenix’s rise to being among the top sports markets has already begun.
- Dorf on Sports on NBC Sports 1060 (7/11/17)
- Dorf on Sports: Weekend Edition (7/2/17)
- Dorf on Sports: Weekend Edition (6/18/17)
- Dorf on Sports on NBC Sports 1060 (6/16/17)
- Dorf on Sports on Sports Byline USA (6/11/17)
- Dorf on Sports on NBC Sports 1060 (6/9/17)
- Dorf on Sports on Sports Byline USA (6/4/17)
- Dorf on Sports on NBC Sports 1060 (6/2/17)
- Dorf on Sports on NBC Sports 1060 (5/31/17)
- Dorf on Sports on Sports Byline USA (5/28/17)